Nuovi diari di lavoro
One of the objects of the Federico Zeri Foundation is to promote art history research and preserve the legacy Zeri bequeathed to Bologna University.
Using the call for papers' formula, the Foundation has for some years reserved a page on its website for short contributions by students, researchers and scholars who wish to present the results of their research on the Foundation collections (library, photo archive, archive).
As of 2015 the Foundation has decided to offer scholars another opening for publishing their work in the form of a series of printed notebooks entitled Nuovi diari di Lavoro. The series is designed as a tribute to Federico Zeri's own Diari di lavoro published in 1971 and 1976. His novel minimalist formula made a big impact at the time: the style was anti-literary, the relationship with the artwork direct and immediate.
The same spirit underlies this notebook series which will collect the original fruits of research into materials from the Zeri Photo Archive and Library.
Papers may concern:
- new artwork attributions or unpublished information on paintings, artworks and their collection history
- presentations/appreciations of attributions by Zeri that have escaped publication hitherto
- photos documenting lost works or displays of bygone collection
- connected photograph series throwing light on the history and fortunes of certain works
- photographs documented in the Zeri Photo Archive
- collections or collectors of artworks, photographs or books
- hand-written notes and miscellanea enclosed in books or with photos
- the critical history of rare and otherwise unobtainable texts.
Also any research that hinges on Foundation collections for its argument.
Scholars who are interested are invited to submit their proposals to the Foundation, which reserves the right to assess the contents and, if necessary, bring texts into line with its own editing criteria.
Scholars interested may send:
- a text in Italian or English in doc or rtf format, adhering to the attached editorial guidelines
- the inventory number of images or the shelf coordinates of volumes kept at the Zeri Foundation
- a short author's CV