Friends of Federico Zeri
The Friends of Federico Zeri are a participation group made up of scholars, enthusiasts, antiquarians and collectors set up in 2008 within Bologna University's Federico Zeri Foundation.
The purpose of the group is to support an institution promoting research, study and knowledge of art history; it is committed to spreading recognition and the memory of Federico Zeri and his work.
One of the prime aims of the Friends of Federico Zeri is to enhance the presentation and accessibility of the scholar's extraordinary bequest to Bologna University: the Art Library and the incomparable Photo Archive which is nowadays the most important on-line databank for Italian art, with over 150,000 images of paintings and sculptures.
The Friends of Federico Zeri benefit from the following privileges:
- reserved seats at Foundation meetings and presentations as stated on the Foundation website
- two organized visits per year to exhibitions, museums and important cultural institutions chosen by the Foundation's Scientific Board, with their curators and directors acting as guides
- annual group visits to the main international antiques fairs, accompanied by the director and members of the Foundation Scientific Board
- help in securing invitations to vernissages of the main international art events
- an annual meeting of the Friends of Federico Zeri, with refreshment; this may be hosted by some major antiquarian or collector
- use of the Zeri Library and Photo Archive with personal assistance from the Foundation staff over specialist research
- complimentary copies of Foundation publications
The Friends will be prominently acknowledged and listed on the Foundation website. Their logo will feature on all printed matters connected with the initiatives they support.